Position Type: Teacher
Contract Type: Part-time
Apply by: 2019-03-22
Job Start: April 2019
Job Title: Primary School Counsellor
Reporting to: Deputy Head of Primary School
- To provide an independent and confidential counselling service to students through individual sessions, responding to their personal, social, emotional or educational concerns. Confidentiality will be maintained except in those circumstances, in line with BACP practice or equivalent, where this should be breached.
- To develop bespoke workshop programmes for groups and cohorts of children to support their emotional wellbeing and to arrange and deliver relevant training for staff as and when needs are identified.
- To promote a caring and supportive environment where such concerns may be explored, thereby promoting the mental and emotional health at BST.
- To uphold best practice as described by the BACP ethical guidelines or equivalent, including to ensure that they are properly and regularly supervised.
- To take responsibility for personal professional development, keeping up-to-date with research and developments.
- To make referrals where appropriate and, with the parents’ consent, to other agencies. To support and advice on the transition between school counselling and external counselling
- To maintain appropriate records and to keep these secure and to accurately and appropriately uses assessment procedures for determining and structuring individual and group counselling services
- To consult and collaborate effectively with other professionals and parents/guardians, teachers, administrators, and other educational/community resources regarding students with identified concerns and needs
- To play an active and significant role in Safeguarding children and adhere to the school’s safeguarding guidance, as required by the BACP or equivalent.
- To continually review and evaluate the service in partnership with SLT and the wider multidisciplinary inclusion and wellbeing team.