Position Type: Business Group
Contract Type: Full Time
School: Primary and Secondary School
Campus: Shibuya and Showa
Apply by: 2019-06-28
Job Start: Summer 2019
Reporting to: The Marketing & Communications Manager
Contract: Full time (40 hours per week)
Salary: Available on request
Status of the post:
The Marketing & Communications Officer's role is to work within the MAC (Marketing, Admissions & Communications) Team to assist all facets of the department's tasks. Dealing with external stakeholders, especially parents (including prospective families) and marketing organisations will be a significant part of the role, as will internal communications, data management, website content maintenance and social media channel management.
- - Assist with emails coming into the Communications department
- - Assist with updates for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, LinkedIn etc.
- - Archive communications records and photos
- - Proof read school communications and newsletters
- - Assist with the creation of the weekly whole school newsletter (The Lion), monthly 'What's On Guides' & PowerPoint presentations.
- - Download up-to-date email lists for Communications Manager & Education Staff
- - Assist with School Photographers
- - Assist with Welcome Mornings, Friday Coffee Morning Clinics & Parent Workshops.
- - Assist with Parents Association (PA) requests, newly starting families and leaving students
- - Assist with updating Clubs, Music, Extra Curricular pages
- - Assist with Education Team to check subject & specialist subject pages are up-to-date.
- - Assist with calendar input & check up-to-date events.
Marketing & Publications
- - Assist with production of school advertising and promotional media
- - Organise & oversee photography for important school events for publication in marketing materials and on the School website
- - Respond & reply to emails from advertisers.
- - Build up database of local HR, relocation agents, embassies
- - Build up database of local journalists & publications.
- - Assist promotion of School events such as open mornings and concerts
- - To ensure all School publications are of an agreed style and format, consistent with the School's image and brand, and to update this style as needed.
- - To photograph school events for publication in marketing materials and on the School website
The successful candidate will ideally be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- - Ability to build relationships with variety of stakeholders
- - Excellent written and spoken English
- - Sensitivity towards data privacy
- - Collaborative but also able to work under own initiative
- - Comfortable using MS Office package (especially Excel & Word)
- - Familiar with and confortable using Google Suite software (e.g. Sheets, Docs, Forms, Calendars, Drive, Slides etc)
- - Ability to effectively handle multimedia resources (e.g. resizing, compression)
- - Comfortable using desktop publishing software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
- - Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- - Keen attention to detail
- - Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- - Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment