Position Type: Business Group
Contract Type: Full time
Campus: Shibuya and Showa campuses
Apply by: 2020-09-30
Job Start: As soon as possible
PA to the Director of Operations and the Bursar
Aim: To provide comprehensive administrative and language support to the Director of Operations and the Bursar.
Reporting to: The Director of Operations (DoO)
Location: Showa (Sangenjaya) and Shibuya campuses
In addition to all the usual secretarial skills the person appointed must have a good working knowledge of typical office software, be able to work proactively, have excellent interpersonal skills, a high level spoken and written English and native level Japanese are essential.
Main areas of the post:
- To act as the first point of contact for the DoO, screening and prioritising enquiries whilst using tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- To support the Bursar with administrative tasks as required.
- To provide comprehensive language support (Japanese-English) for the DoO, including but not limited to translation at meetings, reading and writing of documents and other administrative support.
- To liaise with the Trustees, staff, parents and students at BST as well as external contacts.
- To support all departments in the school as and when required, and to delegate tasks to the appropriate people/departments on behalf of the DoO.
- To manage the DoO’s day-to-day activity to ensure the effective use of his time, as well as proactively planning and scheduling future events and activities based on the school cycle e.g. board meetings, leadership meetings, annual internal and external commitments and events.
- To maintain a strong sense of what is happening in the Primary school, Secondary school and wider school community.
- To filter and prioritise the DoO's email, telephone and postal correspondence, ensuring that responses go out on time.
- To produce letters, memos, agendas and other documents prepared by the DoO or other staff as directed by the DoO.
- To research and compile information and to produce reports based on that information.
- To initiate investigations into complaints received by the DoO.
- To arrange meetings, compile agendas (with direction from the attendees), take minutes and to ensure that the issues discussed are dealt with within an agreed timescale.
- To make arrangements for visits and meetings, domestic and overseas travel, as required.
- To assist the DoO with recruitment, liaising with potential candidates and organising interviews.
- To file documents using a suitable system and to manage a bring-forward system effectively.
- To ensure that copying, scanning and other requests are dealt with in a timely manner.
- To ensure office supplies are maintained.
- To provide support to the Business Group as the DoO and Bursar require.
Any other task that can reasonably be expected.
- Flexible, adaptable, hard-working, creative and quick thinking
- Exceptional standards of integrity and reliability
- Able to systematize and prioritize work
- Fluent English, native-level Japanese
- Experience working as a Personal Assistant
- Ability to work independently but also within a wider team of support staff
- High proficiency in PC applications, including full Google suite and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of HR, General Affairs and/or Employment law would be beneficial
- Previous experience working in a school or educational environment
- Understanding of Japanese business etiquette
Click here for the full job description - PDF file