Position Type: Class Teacher for Milepost Three (Year 5 or 6)
Contract Type: Full-time
Apply by: 2019-01-13
Job Start: August 2019
RESPONSIBLE TO: The Head of School
To actively promote the School’s mission and vision in a professional manner, reacting positively and collaboratively to the challenge of providing the highest standards of teaching and learning to all students. All staff are expected to actively promote the wellbeing of all students and uphold safeguarding and child protection procedures within school. This job description is supported by the following six standards:
- The teacher will engage and support all students in learning, demonstrating high standards of all.
- The teacher will create and maintain an effective learning environment which supports student learning.
- The teacher will demonstrate confident subject knowledge and to plan and deliver the curriculum effectively for student learning.
- The teacher will plan student learning effectively ensuring access for all students.
- The teacher will assess student learning effectively and keep parents informed of what the children are learning and how successful they are.
- The teacher will develop as a professional educator, supporting oneself and colleagues in a manner in keeping with the philosophy of the school and the values of the School.
The full-time teacher will be assigned to a year group or subject specific area and will perform a range of academic, pastoral and administrative tasks in order to fulfil the role of a professional, international teacher. This includes but is not restricted to:
- - Preparing medium and long term plans according to curriculum guidelines.
- - Teaching a range of subject areas in line with the teaching and learning policy.
- - Developing children’s interests, abilities and talents using a variety of creative activities
- - Maintaining productive working habits, motivation and discipline in the classroom.
- - Assessing and evaluating learner progress and abilities.
- - Discussing learner progress with parents and guardians, administrators and other professionals as necessary.
- - Supervising learners throughout the day, both in the classroom and during breaks.
- - Attending staff meetings, phase meetings, briefings, training and professional development sessions.
- - Organising, attending and supervising school activities such as educational visits, school concerts, camps and sporting events.
- - Maintaining professional, collaborative relationships with colleagues and parents.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Any other reasonable duties/responsibilities that the Head of School may from time to time ask the post holder to perform.Click here for the full job description - PDF file