Position Type: Primary Class Teacher
Contract Type: Full-time
Apply by: January 07, 2022
Job Start: August 2022
Primary Class Teacher
Are you an inspirational teacher looking to join a well-established, family-friendly primary school and be part of a successful and highly skilled team? St. Michael’s International School welcomes applications from enthusiastic and reflective professionals with a passion for teaching and learning who are looking to thrive in a supportive, international learning environment.
The successful candidate will be experienced in delivering the National Curriculum of England for Mathematics and English and familiar with the International Primary Curriculum (IPC.) You will be an excellent communicator and strong team player, who gets on well with colleagues, students and parents. Amongst other things, you will be confident in using technology to maximise learning, be well organised, have a good sense of humour and want the learners in your care to be the best they can be. You should have at least two years experience in a UK or British International School. Candidates should demonstrate that they have undergone child protection and safeguarding training within the last two years.
A close knit team, proud of the achievements of our young people, we support our learners to become confident, caring, global citizens. With 160 learners from Nursery to Year 6, serving families representing 23 nationalities, the language of instruction and shared playground language is English. The only accredited British curriculum school in Western Japan, the excellent reputation of our school is well established both at home and abroad, spanning a period of more than 75 years. Come and join us!
How to Apply
St. Michael’s International School uses an online recruitment system designed to streamline the application process for candidates and to ensure that we handle candidate’s data with care and privacy. Application details will only be viewed by the recruitment panel for the purposes of making an appointment. Our Safer Recruitment Policy is available in the Links.
- - Letter of motivation outlining why you want to join the team at St. Michael's International School. Please include your educational philosophy and teaching strengths as well as your professional goals.
- - An up to date CV and recent photograph
- - Online application form, available on this page below
- - Contact details of two professional referees, one of whom should be your current Head of School.
- - All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers. The successful candidate will be asked to provide identity verification, original copies of professional qualifications and an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and barring Service) check or national equivalent (criminal record check.)
- - Closing date is Friday 7 January 2022, 16:00 JST.
- - Each applicant will receive an email response confirming their application.
- - Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Friday 14th January 2022
- - Selection activities including a Zoom interview are scheduled to place by 21 January 2022
- - St. Michael’s International School reserves the right to make an early appointment should we receive an exceptional application. We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Applicants for teaching positions should hold a UK teaching qualification with Qualified Teacher Status or an international equivalent. Applicants should have at least two (2) years teaching experience in a UK or British International School. Applicants with IEYC/IPC experience will be at an advantage.
St. Michael’s International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Please read our safeguarding information before making your application.
Click here for the full job description - PDF file