The British School Kathmandu is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures, including checks with past employers, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check, a Prohibition Order Check and the successful application of an ICPC (International Child Protection Certificate). Our safeguarding and safer recruitment policies are shared with all prospective candidates.
Position Type: Teacher
Contract Type: Full-time
Apply by: 09 April 2021
Job Start: August 2021
Job purpose: To help develop young people who strive for excellence and are kind.
- To inspire our learners through well designed and creative lessons that enable all students to access the curriculum and make significant progress.
- Monitoring, assessing and recording the progress and attainment of all students, providing effective formative feedback, so that all have opportunities to develop.
- To plan an accessible and challenging curriculum, constantly reflecting on one’s lessons and amending Schemes of Learning (SoL), lesson plans and teaching/learning materials
- To constantly be assessing individual student needs through effective AFL strategies and using this information to differentiate accordingly.
- To create and maintain a stimulating learning environment, including, but not, limited to, classroom displays and resources.
- To care for our students and ensure a safe, tolerant and compassionate environment for all.
- To promote the values and teach the skills required for all students to achieve positive mental health and wellbeing through your role as teacher and mentor.
- Communicate effectively with parents on the progress, attainment and overall development of the students in your care, through written reports and parent/teacher consultation evenings, as well as supporting the school’s ‘open door’ ethos where appropriate.
- Help contribute to our caring and collegiate community through being collaborative, empathetic and acting with integrity and kindness to all.
- Keep up to date on all pedagogical, syllabus and general educational initiatives and developments, supporting colleagues, taking an active role in all meetings and training, and taking responsibility for one’s own professional growth.
- Keep up to date and adhere to all TBS policies and guidelines, including but not limited to staff safeguarding, emergency protocols and staff expectations.
- Take a full and active role in our extensive outdoors learning programme.
- Take a full and active role in our extensive extra curricular programme.
- Take a full and active role in our extensive service learning and community partner programme.
- Promote a positive profile of the school’s mission and vision to all members of our community.
Other reasonable requests made by the PrincipalClick here for the full job description - PDF file