Last updated and posted on February 4, 2020.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
"Non Personal Information" is information that is not personally identifiable to you and that we automatically collect when you access our Website with a web browser. It may also include publicly available information that is shared between you and others.
"Personally Identifiable Information" is non-public information that is personally identifiable to you and obtained in order for us to provide you within our Website. Personally Identifiable Information may include information such as your name, email address, and other related information that you provide to us or that we obtain about you.
Information We Collect
TeachApply Software collects personal data from job-applicants on behalf of the Client through the Job Application forms. Job Application forms are customized for each Client, and may collect various personal data, according to Client’s requirements and particularities. Unless you agree otherwise, when submitting a Job Application for a specific job vacancy with a Client, your personal data is only made available to that specific Client and the third parties that the Client agrees to engage and share your personal data as part of its recruitment process.
The types of data we collect from job-applicants on behalf of the Clients may include, but are not limited to:
- personal information such as name, date of birth, marital status, gender, nationalities;
- contact information such as address, email addresses, telephone numbers;
- past and current education records such as schools attended, courses of study, periods of study and academic results;
- past and current employment information such as company name, company type, sector, designation, business telephone numbers and email addresses;
- references details such the name, title, contact of referees;
- images, documents, photographs, videos; and
- statements, proceedings and confirmations for assessment to the suitability of employment and compliance with equal opportunities legislation
Computer Information Collected
Like most standard websites we use website-analytics software such as Google Analytics and cookies to analyze trends in how our website is accessed and utilized. This information is anonymous and cannot be directly linked to individual users. We may use it to identify high-use or low-use areas of the site, pinpoint problem areas of the site, analyze broad demographic trends in our visitors, and make decisions about how to make it easier for people to find and navigate our website.
When you use our Website, we automatically collect certain computer information by the interaction of your mobile phone or web browser with our Website. Such information is typically considered Non Personal Information. We also collect the following:
When you use the mobile application, we may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are located in and display information with relevant data or advertisements. We will not share your current location with other users or partners. If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application.
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our Website, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you're headed when you leave our website. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your Internet Website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our Users to help improve our Website.
Like many Website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Our Services are not directed to persons under the age of 18 years. We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under 18 years. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personally Identifiable Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 18 years has provided us with Personally Identifiable Information, we will delete such information from our record.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we receive from you as follows:
- to provide our clients services for the recruitment, employment, hiring and research functions, and for other directly related purposes;
- to respond to any enquiries which you make to us relating to any of our services;
- to monitor site usage to develop and administer our websites;
- to promote our products and services to you, as well as the products and services of our affiliates;
- to deliver email communications, newsletters, and other correspondence to which you subscribe;
- to conduct other marketing activities; and
- to respond to your inquiries and other correspondence, or request that you provide feedback to us.
How We Share Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our clients for the recruitment, employment, hiring and research functions, and for other directly related purposes;
- our infrastructure providers; and
- law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by law.
Reasons We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
We may use your information in the following ways:
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests as a business;
- where it is necessary to perform our contract with you;
- where you have provided consent, provided that you can withdraw this consent at any time; and
- where it is required by law;
Your Rights under GDPR
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation. These include:
- Right of access. You have the right to know what information we hold about you and to ask, in writing, to see your records. We will provide you with details of the records we hold as soon as possible and at latest within one month, unless the request is complex. We may require proof of identity before we are able to release the data. Please use the details in the “Contact us” section below if you would like to exercise this right.
- Right to be informed. You have the right to be informed how your personal data will be used. This policy as well as any additional information or notice that is provided to you either at the time you provided your details, or otherwise, is intended to provide you with this information.
- Right to withdraw consent. Where we process your data on the basis of your consent (for example, to send you marketing texts or e-mails) you can withdraw that consent at any time. To do this, or to discuss this right further with us, please contact us using the details in the “Contact us” section below.
- Right to object. You also have a right to object to us processing data where we are relying on it being within our legitimate interests to do so (for example, to send you direct marketing by post). To do this, or to discuss this right further with us, please contact us using the details in the “Contact us” section below.
- Right to restrict processing. In certain situations you have the right to ask for processing of your personal data to be restricted because there is some disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage.
- Right of erasure. In some cases, you have the right to be forgotten (i.e. to have your personal data deleted from our database). Where you have requested that we do not send you marketing materials we will need to keep some limited information in order to ensure that you are not contacted in the future.
- Right of rectification. If you believe our records are inaccurate you have the right to ask for those records concerning you to be updated. To update your records please get in touch with us using the details in the “Contact us” section below.
- Right to data portability. Where we are processing your personal data because you have given us your consent to do so, you have the right to request that the data is transferred from one service provider to another.
Links to Other Websites
All reasonably practicable steps will be taken to ensure that the data held by TeachApply are protected against unauthorized or accidental access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. TeachApply will ensure that clear and robust safeguards are in place to protect data, regardless of the format in which it is recorded.
Whenever users submit personal information via TeachApply website and online forms, upon submission that information is encrypted via SSL (Secured Sockets Layer). Servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment. All personal data you provide TeachApply are secured, and access to them is restricted to authorised personnel only. Under no circumstances are credit card numbers permanently stored on our website servers.
Access and Correction of Data
An individual has the right to make a request to access, correct and/or withdraw the personal data held about them by TeachApply and Clients. You can either contact TeachApply Software or the Client for any inquiry regarding the access and correction of data.
Enquiries and Contact Information
For enquiries on our Privacy and Data Protection Policy, please write to:
Data Privacy at TeachApply Software
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org