Position Type: Teacher
Contract Type: Full Time
School: Primary School
Apply by: December 13, 2019
Job Start: August 2020
Responsible to: The Head of Primary School
Job purpose: Under the direction and control of the classroom teacher or line manager, to provide support and assist teachers in the development and education of children at BST, by undertaking tasks related to classroom activities and providing supervision and care skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support for children
- To assist through supervision of children inside and outside the classroom including in the playgrounds, sibling pick up, whilst eating lunch/snack or on visits outside the school premises.
- To provide simple first aid, when necessary, and take all reasonable measures to ensure health and safety in the classroom and other relevant areas within and outside the school premises.
- To provide care, attend to children's personal needs and undertake activities necessary to meet the physical, emotional and educational requirements of individual or groups of children, utilising a basic range of skills, with a need for only limited experience and under close supervision from teaching staff.
- To assist in supervising the activities of groups of children or individual children, in order to ensure their safety, facilitate their educational development and develop a supportive and caring relationship.
2. Support for teachers
- To undertake other relevant duties allocated at the discretion of the classroom teacher, Head of Primary or other designated supervisor.
- To maintain records of children's progress as instructed by the classroom teacher or other designated supervisor, with limited input to only the monitoring and reviewing of work programmes.
To undertake the following roles:
- Record-keeping and filing
- Classroom display - teachers will make professional decisions in determining what material is displayed in and around the classroom
- Collating child reports
- Preparing and maintaining equipment and materials
3. Support for the school
- To observe children as individuals and in groups and report progress and problems to the classroom teacher or other designated person.
- To prepare and operate computers and other equipment and undertake any other simple practical tasks on equipment used as teaching aids.
- To prepare display materials and teaching aids, undertake simple maintenance and repair, and clean and tidy up after use.
4. Support for the curriculum
- To assist in the delivery of educational work programmes by undertaking individual, predetermined learning activities, in order to further the educational development of children