Position Type: Teaching Assistant
Contract Type: Part Time
School: Primary School
Apply by: 2019-05-31
Job Start: September 2019
Job purpose: Under guidance of teaching staff to provide support in addressing the needs of pupils requiring specific help to overcome barriers to learning. The role involves collaboration with teaching staff and parents to enable targeted pupils to fully access the curriculum and gain in independence.
Key areas of responsibility:
Support for the learning environment:
- To ensure targeted pupils with specific learning needs are supported in the mainstream classroom.
- Assist with the development and implementation of education, behaviour, mentoring and other plans by participating in assessment of pupils to determine specific help and supporting provision for children with special needs.
- Monitor, evaluate, record and report progress on the Individual Education Plan for specific children.
- Collaborate with other staff to plan, evaluate and adjust learning activities and support pupils learning using appropriate resources and strategies.
- Act as a role model to challenge and motivate, promote and reinforce self-esteem and establish productive working relationships with pupils.
- To liaise with parents both formally and informally to communicate progress being made.
Support for the school community:
- Work as part of a flexible and supportive team to further the values of the school.
- Attend relevant training to enhance professional development and to share this knowledge with colleagues.
- Be aware of and take part in the schools performance management framework and recognise own contribution and expertise to support others in professional development.
- Attend LSTA and other relevant meetings and INSET opportunities to develop and disseminate good practice.
- Supervise pupils out of lessons times and organise and supervise pupils on school trips and other off site activities as required.
- Undertake any other similar duties as required.